Saturday 13 October 2012

Fun Friday!

What a lovely relaxing day I've had! After the madness of the epic Summer of Sport I have finally been able to get in to town to check out the latest trends in store. 

I'm loving the rich and glamorous art deco 'theatre' style that is appearing in anticipation of  Baz Luhrmann's interpretation of The Great Gatsby (probably my favourite read ever by one of my favourite directors, I can't wait! Watch the trailer here: http://youtu.be/rARN6agiW7o ).

The Home Comforts theme continues and in contrast, but also a reflection of these recession-hit times, pared down Scandi is a sure-fire winner.  

I have at last got round to buying a lamp shade for the spare room/office, not exactly an exciting purchase but one necessary to complete my cosy 'reading corner'. This little part of our flat gets the most sun and is a lovely spot for a cuppa and a daydream.



I also bagged a bargain in the Lombok sale and have finally found a replacement for my 20 year old jewellery box which has literally fallen to pieces.  I'm very sad to have to let the old one go as it was a birthday present from my dad, this beautiful box will hold all my trinkets and is perfect for the Indian style I'm creating in the bedroom:


And on that note, that is exactly where I'm heading (once I've made Mr VKH his cocoa, of course!) Goodnight!