I discovered a passion for designing and decorating after we bought and renovated our first property back in 2005 but it took me another four years to realise that it was something I should try to earn a living from. I have since worked regularly styling shoots for Next Directory and Kitchens, Bedrooms & Bathrooms magazine, fitting them around my day job as a freelance graphics operator for TV production.
I have recently launched my own Indian-inspired designs under the name Piccadelhi.
One of my favourite aspects of blogging is being able to share all the lovely products and people that I come across with an audience that would perhaps be otherwise unaware just how much great British design there is away from the high street.
A few facts about me:
- My favourite month is March.
- Making small-talk makes me feel very awkward.
- I'm a cat person and totally believe I was a cat in a previous life!
- I could eat curry and rice until the cows come home.
- I have an irrational fear of still, deep water - walking along a canal freaks me out.
- My favourite flowers are paperwhite narcissus.
- Bad grammar/spelling irritates the hell out of me.
- When I was 13 I pierced my own ear.
- I practise Bikram yoga.
- I believe in Karma and that everything happens for a reason.