Saturday 20 April 2013

Summer Livin'

I know I have a specific 'Lust Have' section but this one is so big it deserves a post all of its own. (Cue Mr VKH breaking in to a nervous sweat...)

While on location for the Kitchens, Bedrooms & Bathrooms magazine summer shopping shoot recently I had a bad case of studio envy.  In garden in South London, stands an impressive [what estate agents love to call] live/work space, fully equipped with kitchenette, WC and projector screen perfect for summer evening film viewings

Oh, to have such a room!  I'd paint it floor to ceiling in Little Greene's 'Clockface', a vintage plans chest standing in one corner and my 15 year-old drawing board would take pride of place in front of the window. The first step would be to have a garden big enough to build it in, but hey-ho.

In the meantime, I thought I'd indulge in some images of different garden rooms with various uses. Which is your favourite?

Shabby Chic Summer House:


Image from House to Home

Eco Studio:


Image from Ecospace Studios

Futuristic 'Shoffice':


Image from Platform 5 Architects

Woodland Hideaway:


Image from Achica Living