Sunday 23 December 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

This will be my last post before I go off to enjoy the festivities, so I thought I'd share a few pics of what Christmas looks like in the VKH household.
As mentioned in my previous post, 'Purple Reigns, Dear', this year I decided to go with a slightly gothic theme with lots of black, purple and gold and for the first time in my life, lashings of lametta.
I'm quite proud of the result, and although Mr VKH has banned me from ever using skulls on the tree again, I think he approves. Sort of.
Here's a few pics, I'd love to know what you think.

The Tree.




The 'Nightmare Before Christmas' decs!




Table centrepiece

Incidentally, Mr VKH's mum has been using the same lametta on her tree for nearly 40 years, putting each strand carefully back in the pack come the New Year.  I'd like to say that this is a tradition I am going to start too but at 99p a pack, bugger that for a game of soldiers!

Merry Christmas!!
Kx