Tuesday 21 April 2015

WELL HEAL-ED

The other day I was at a bit of a loose end so I decided to head in to town for a browse.  It's been a while since I checked out the big stores and, with summer around the corner, it seemed a perfect time to see what they've got to offer.

Walking up Tottenham Court Road I have to admit that nothing much caught my eye in West Elm, Dwell or even Lombok so it was left to my 'happy shops' to impress me - Habitat and Heal's.   Like Holly Golightly in Breakfast At Tiffany's, these are my go to furniture stores for those days when I have the 'mean reds'.

Bearing in mind my new design philosophy (see previous post) Habitat, with it's neon brights and clean lines, is probably not where I should be looking.   I am trying to be mindful not to buy anything that will clash with my restful 'dream scheme'!
So, even though I am partial to a bit of colour,  I managed to stay pretty unfazed by this season's products: these are not the droids I am looking for.

Heal's, on the other hand, is a different kettle of fish.  Like when an incredibly hot guy winks at you and says 'you have the Kavorka', Heal's has the ability to make me lose all my senses and go a bit funny, wanting everything in sight, whether it fits my scheme or not.  

To that end, this is somewhat of a Lust List Heal's Special.  I have managed to narrow down my choices however, otherwise I may just as well post a link to the website!


Living Room

'40 Winks' sofabed, £1495




'Indah' leather hide rug by Linie Design, £835




'Loha' rug by Kangan Arora (also available in indigo), £395


Bedroom




'Twiitter' Lamp, £120



100% Linen bed linen in Dove Grey by The Linen Works,
from £38 for an Oxford pillowcase


Dining Room




'Hot Mesh' chair by Blu Dot (also available in blue, red, black,
yellow and green), £135



For more information visit http://www.heals.co.uk