Friday 2 November 2012

Blind-sided!

  Mr VKH does not do DIY.  So, imagine my surprise when it was suggested the other day that we should take a trip to B&Q. To buy a drill. Although I am certain that it was a preliminary peace-keeping move (given the poker night that has been organised in my absence for the weekend) the rarity of such an occasion meant I dared not question why.
Normally for me, buying such an item would require extensive research in to the pros and cons of different makes and models but he is, if nothing else, impulsive and so off we went not knowing what we might come home with (oh, the horror!).
  I discovered on the short journey to said home improvement store the reason for the spur of the moment trip: I bought a dark wood venetian blind way back in the summer for the spare room but as yet have not had a chance to install it. My reasoning, apparently, was 'because I need a drill'.  It seems Mr VKH has cottoned on to my thinly veiled attempt at putting off odd jobs.

  After a short discussion a Bosch PSR18 was purchased (with 20% off!) and we returned home via Costa Coffee, by which time it was getting dark. Too late now to do any DIY, these things need daylight, I said. Pub?
  Now the clocks have gone back, I have been distracted by football, visits to friends out of town and Hallowe'en (that last one might not be true). And so the drill remains untested, the blind unopened and the windows undressed. But, to make it a really worthwhile purchase, I have somehow managed to find the time to buy two more blinds that are perfect for the living room. After much inner deliberation, I decided to play it safe with more wooden venetians and not spend the £500+ it would have cost to get the ones I really wanted from Surface View:

Time-lapse Photographs of a Horse Running by Eadweard James Muybridge,

from £210, Surface View

Maybe in our next place!