Sunday 12 October 2014

Going Grey

I have been surrounded by a riot of colour whilst beavering away on Piccadelhi business but when it comes to interiors I like things simple.

In my late teens my bedroom was a haven of white - I even painted the floorboards white, which my mother thought was highly impractical.  At home I love to feel calm: flicking through the pages of Atlanta Bartlett's book, Pale and Interesting, or browsing the website instantly puts me at ease.  

I dream of living in a world of natural wood and linen, all in varying shades of white and grey.

Living room heaven!  

Grey is not a new trend but it is still having a moment.  As we move through autumn and in to winter, I'd prefer to cosy up in a pared-back Scandi style room - think log fires, wire baskets and snuggly chunky knits - as opposed to the opulent jewel tones that reappear every year.  Even if it's dark outside it can still be light and bright inside.  

Below are a few images I'll be using for inspiration next time I decorate!


White doesn't have to be boring!


My dream work space would be something like this!

Using linen adds simple texture and creates a 'lived in' look



If you really must add colour, try denim blue and pastels

One day, my dreams will come true!!



Shop for the look at:

Nordic House

Nkuku

Bloomingville


Images: Pinterest